Work is due to start early January 2020 between the A5 Towcester Roundabout and Weedon. The work is scheduled for completion by the end of July 2020.
Published: Tuesday, 10th December 2019
To keep the works as short as possible and to minimise disruption to the local community, residents, business and road users, Highways England will work:
- between 8:00pm and 6:00am, Monday to Friday (week night closures)
- from 8:00pm Friday until 6:00am Monday (full weekend closures on selected weekends)
Please note that all planned works are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
The works will include:
- tree and vegetation clearance
- repair and replace damaged drains
- clear and re-profile drainage ditches
- resurface and re-align the carriageway to remove flat spots
- renew the footway and damaged kerbs
- refresh road markings
- install skid resistance surfacing
- install road studs and traffic loops
Once completed, all road users will benefit from improved road safety and a smoother carriageway.