Planning is a complex area and it's not always obvious where you need to go to receive the relevant advice. The links below should make things a little clearer.
- Does my proposal require planning permission?
See Planning permission.
- My proposal needs planning permission or other formal approval.
See our pre-application planning advice service on how to submit an enquiry
- Has my planning application been validated?
See the planning register.
- What is the lawful existing use for a site?
See permitted development.
- What is planning permission?
- Do I need planning permission? - includes: Home improvement projects, Interactive house, Mini guides
General planning matters
- Search for a planning application
- Pre-application planning advice service
- Planning process
- Download application forms
- Permitted development rights, rules and regulations
- Change of use
Conservation and heritage
- Northamptonshire County Council (main enquiries) - 0300 126 1000
- email@example.com - For copies of Section 78 and Section 278 Agreements (fee applicable for copies)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Information on Section 287 agreements
- email@example.com - Information on Section 38 Agreements, APC Notices, Surety Bonds for the adoption of roads
- Leicester Land Registry for information and copies of boundaries and land ownership - 0300 006 0411 (fee applicable for copies)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - South Northamptonshire Land Charges and Searches (fee applicable for copies)
Planning policies, guidelines and standards (ie, what we will assess an application against)
- South Northamptonshire Local Plan
- West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy
- National Planning Policy Framework
- Supplementary Planning Guidance
- South Northamptonshire Council Design Guide Chapters 4 – 8
- South Northamptonshire Council Emerging Local Plan Part 2