It is against the law for
- anyone under 18 to possess fireworks
- anyone except professionals to possess display fireworks in a public place
For more information see Fireworks (Amendment) Regulations 2004.
These regulations also prohibit the use of fireworks at night (23:00 - 07:00), with the following extensions for festivals:
- until 01:00 on the night of the Chinese New Year
- until 01:00 on the night of Diwali
- until 01:00 on the night on New Year's Eve
- until 00:00 on 5 November
These regulations are enforced by the police. There is a penalty of up to £5,000 or 6 months in prison for breach of curfew. The supply, purchase or possession of excessively loud fireworks over 120 decibels are also prohibited.
To report problems with fireworks contact Northants Police or Phone 03000 111 222.