Private water supplies
Private water supplies are now categorised as follows:
- serves 50 or more people or
- uses more than 10m3 of water per day or
- used for commercial purposes or
- serves a premises to which the public have access
- servers two or more properties
- serves less than 50 people or less than 10m3 per day
- is not used for any commercial purpose or public premises
- supply to a single property where there is no commercial or public use
For large supplies and small domestic supplies we are required to carry out a risk assessment on the supply.
Further details can be found on the Drinking Water Inspectorate website including the maximum fees which we can charge.