Local Plan stages
The Local Plan Part 2 builds on the Joint Core Strategy and include a detailed and wide variety of policies. This will guide the decision making process for future planning applications across the district.
Content and process
The Plan will include:
- new settlement confines
- site specific allocations for development
- new important local green spaces
- specific policies for the development management and use of land and buildings.
The content of the Plan is based on a range of important local evidence.
The key stages in preparing a plan are:
- Issues Consultation - Oct 2014
- Options Consultation - June 2016
- Preferred Options Consultation - July 2017
- Submission to Secretary of State for public examination
- Examination hearing
- Receipt of Inspector's report
- Adoption of the Local Plan