Our adopted Transport Strategy aims to influence the provision of transport across South Northamptonshire by Northamptonshire County Council, the bus companies and others. The proposals set out in the strategy are to improve and sustain transport and ensure the future growth of the District has sufficient transport provision.
Work Place Travel Plan
We adopted a plan to reduce solo car travel, to save money and resources as a result.
Village Transport Audit
We have completed an analysis of the local transport issues faced by the 16 villages that are currently under the greatest development pressure.
On the 13th September 2011 the Policy Committee considered the final report and analysis from the Audit:
- Analysis of the Village Transport Appraisal Project
- SNC Committee Report on the Village Audit and Transport Appraisal Project
Towcester Transport Study
This study examines the impact of planned growth in Towcester, Brackley and Silverstone on the A43 and A5 with a view to considering whether that growth can be sustained and what transport solutions are required to manage traffic growth. The study concludes that:
- a bypass for Towcester is required
- improvements to the A43 junctions at Abthorpe and Tove are required
Proposed designs for the Junction work are also included.
- Final Towcester Transport Study (Sept 2011)
- Briefing note on the final Towcester Transport Study
- Towcester Transport Study options report (Mar 2011)
Large Goods Vehicles
Analysis from 2012 of the impact of large goods vehicles on a number of Villages in the district. This is to inform the development of the Northamptonshire County Council Transport Strategy.