If you are holding an event you need to understand that you are legally responsible for the safety of anyone attending. When you plan your event you should:
- Create a planning timetable including key dates
- Identify a team of people to help plan, organise and run the event, including who can take responsibility for public safety
- Be clear about what you can achieve on your budget
- Carry out a risk assessment to ensure public safety
- Consider whether your event will cause disruption to traffic and/or the local community
- Have sufficient public liability insurance.
You may require a licence for your event if it includes the sale or supply of alcohol, the provision of late night refreshment or regulated entertainment, see temporary event notice.
Safety Advisory Group
We host a Safety Advisory group (SAG) that brings together all agencies that have an interest in safety and the environmental impact of public events. It's a forum to provide advice to event organisers.
Members of a SAG can include:
- Traffic management officer, Northamptonshire County Council
- Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Inspector in charge of operations, Northamptonshire Police
- Area liaison manager, East Midlands Ambulance
- South Northamptonshire Council licensing
To notify the SAG of an event please complete the Event Notification Form.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or call 01327 322323.