This LDS has been prepared jointly by Daventry District, Northampton Borough and South Northamptonshire Councils with support from Northamptonshire County Council and the West Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit. It sets out the programme for the production of a Joint Strategic Plan and also includes information about the main supporting and procedural documents that do or will accompany the Strategic Plan.
- The Adopted West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy (2014)
This sets out the long-term vision and objectives for the whole of the area covered by Daventry District, Northampton Borough and South Northamptonshire Councils for the plan period up to 2029, including strategic policies for steering and shaping development. It identifies specific locations for strategic new housing and employment and changes to transport infrastructure and other supporting community facilities, as well as defining areas where development will be limited. It also helps to make sure there is co-ordination and delivery of other services and related strategies.
The West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Review
A Review of the 2014 West Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy ‘The West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan’ (WNSP) is currently being undertaken by the three councils across West Northamptonshire: South Northamptonshire, Daventry and Northampton.
These organisations together, complied an Issues version of the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan, which was out for public consultation between 05 August and 11 October 2019. This document sets out a spatial vision for the future of the area extended up to 2050.
A Local Development Scheme (LDS) timetable for the review of the West Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy was agreed by South Northamptonshire Planning Policy and Regeneration Strategy Committee on 19th September 2018
The Plan will review and where appropriate replace the strategic policies in the adopted West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy Local Plan (Part 1).
To address the key strategic priorities for the area the scope of the plan will comprise:
- The spatial vision for West Northamptonshire – extended up to 2050 to reflect the spatial vision for the corridor
- The spatial strategy for the distribution of development – this could include new spatial options such as new settlements
- The housing requirement – the number of new homes to be provided across West Northamptonshire
- Affordable housing – proportion of the overall requirement that should be affordable
- Economic growth – an overall jobs target for West Northamptonshire and guidance on the strategic locations for new employment land.
- Strategic Infrastructure – the key primary infrastructure projects that are required to deliver the strategy
- Place-shaping/Sustainable development – key principles for quality development and sustainable places
- Strategic development locations and opportunities – key strategic sites that are crucial to the delivery of the spatial strategy.