Being active is an important part of staying healthy and there are many ways to be active.
We are keen to develop and promote sporting and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities.
We support a number of activities that will help you move more including:
- Health walks
- Walking football
- Walking netball
Adults should try to be active daily. It is recommended adults aim to achieve at least 150 minutes (2.5 hours) of physical activity over a week.. Physical activity is associated with these benefits:
- Strengthens your heart, lungs, bones and muscles
- Gives you more energy and strength
- Helps control your weight and blood pressure
- Helps you handle stress
- Helps your quality of sleep
- Helps you feel better about how you look