One of the best things you can do during lockdown to keep active and help your mental wellbeing is to walk regularly.
Please follow the latest COVID government guidelines.
- Walking with family and friends: You can walk outdoors once a day as part of your daily exercise – by yourself, with members of your household or support bubble, or with one other person
We’ve collaborated with Global Mapping to produce a series of walking guides for South Northamptonshire that take you through our district’s attractive villages and stunning countryside:
- Walks around Brackley
- Walking and wildlife with children
- Walk in Central South Northamptonshire
- Walk in East South Northamptonshire
- Walk in South West Northamptonshire
There are some additional walking routes available at Brackley Routes.
- Knightley Way
This route covers12 miles in total, but contains a number of smaller local circular walks through Foxley, Farthingstone and Fawsley Park and ends in Greens Norton.
- Grafton Way
This 13 mile walk follows the Grand Union Canal towpath and then takes to undulating farmland and villages. It can be undertaken in a number of shorter local circular walks, covering Towcester, Paulerspury, Grafton Regis, Yardley Gobion, Cosgrove and Stony Stratford.
Learn more about walking in South Northamptonshire with the Northants Area Ramblers.
You can also visit the Walking in England website which has information on Northamptonshire walks which are available to download and print, as well as information on free walking routes, ordnance survey maps, finding a walking club and walking books.