Help minimise the spread of COVID-19
Legal requirements for businesses and venues
The list below outlines the requirements for your business from Thursday, 24 September 2020. The COVID-19 explainer pack is a useful tool to download for all relevant businesses.
Test & Trace
Continued opening of the economy is reliant on NHS Test and Trace being used to minimise transmission of the virus. In order to ensure that businesses can remain open, you must:
- Ask one member of every party who visit your premises to provide their contact details (and those of their group) and refuse entry to those who don’t
- You must have a system in place to ensure you can collect that information from your customers and visitors, and provide to NHS Test and Trace
- Keep a record of all staff working on your premises including; shift day and times and contact details
- Display the NHS QR code poster so customers and visitors can ‘check-in’ using this option if they prefer. Official NHS QR posters can be generated online.
- Organisations must have a system in place for people who do not have a smartphone or do not want to use the NHS COVID-19 app
Details from customers and visitors required are:
- The name of the individual(s)
- A telephone number they can be contacted on
- If they don’t have a phone number, then an email address should be obtained
- Where they are unable to provide an email address the full postal address should be obtained
- The date and time the individual(s) entered the premises
- Where they are part of the group, the number of people in the group and each member of the group should provide the above details (by a lead individual or separately)
Test and Trace app
The latest government guides for businesses are frequently reviewed so please check regularly for updates.
Help and advice
If you have any questions please refer to the guidance on the Government website in the first instance. If you are unable to find the information required, please contact us.