Veterans’ Gateway Consortium of organisations and Armed Forces charities, including The Royal British Legion, SSAFA – the Armed Forces charity, Poppyscotland, Combat Stress and Connect Assist. Act as a first point of contact to put veterans and their families in touch with the organisations best placed to help with the advice and support, they need
- Call - 0808 802 1212 (available free, 24/7)
- Text 81212
- Live chat is available and free to veterans abroad
- Also available by email and self-help service
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity Relieve need, suffering and distress amongst the Armed Forces, veterans and their families in order to support their independence and dignity
- 0800 731 4880 - Forcesline helpline
- Also has live chat service during office hours, 9:00am-5:00pm (accessed via website)
- If you need help outside of office hours, please contact the Samaritans on 116 123
Royal British Legion Contact centre remains operational to support the Armed Forces community via Veteran’s Gateway or directly.
Armed Forces Covenant Northamptonshire provides information and advice on support services available within the county for the Armed Forces community and their families.