Central government has asked all local authorities to respond to the local needs of their residents during this time of crisis. We have set up a Community Resilience Hub, which has two main functions:
- provide the local response for residents requesting support for food, medication, isolation and loneliness
- co-ordinate the volunteer support through matching requests for help with appropriate volunteer response.
Our Community Resilience Hub is working closely with local volunteer organisations and groups to co-ordinate the response and provide our residents with the support they need. Volunteers can sign up to help through the county council website.
Being a volunteer during these times is a tricky task, so to help you whilst you volunteer, we have developed a volunteer’s pack, containing information on;
- Data Protection and Confidentiality
- Keeping you safe
- Reporting Accidents and Incidents
- Potential Situations and Questions
- Useful contacts