Arts News, September 2021
Northampton Museum and Art Gallery
Visit the website in the link above for information about both the newly opened venue in Guildhall Road, Northampton and Abington Park Museum, both of which have some great events as well as exhibitions.
- New Horizons – Online Summer Exhibition until 19 September
- Latest Meet the artist features jeweller Lucy Sylvester in King’s Sutton.
- The series on Creative Careers in the #LOVEArt blog continues with arts management.
- Gallery re-opens Monday 27 September with a fabulous photographic exhibition by the Royal Photographic Society’s Visual Art Group.
Friday 6 August – Thursday 30 September: Lydia Casemore Art Exhibition
Pencil drawings of animals. Forge Coffee, Evenley
Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 September: Alderton Art Festival
Artists interested in exhibiting are invited to register. Organisers are planning for a live weekend event this year at Alderton Church.
Throughout September: Northants Open Studios
Celebrating creativity around the shire, artists open their studios and talk to visitors, display and sell all manner of art. Brochures from venues and artists; all information also on-line.
Art and craft workshops
The following have dates for classes and courses, which are booking up fast. More venues on our Arts page. Check websites or contact each for details:
- Vitreus Art, Towcester
- Yardley Arts, Yardley Hastings.
- South Northamptonshire Arts workshops at Vitreus Art, near Towcester:
Social Media for Artists - Choosing the Right Frames for your Art - evening workshop for artists and art lovers, 8 September, 7:00pm.
- Artistic Retreats, Upper Boddington.
- Stitching Kitchen, Brackley. Social stitch or knit and new crafts to learn.
- Adult Learning for Wellbeing and some great free art, photography and ;mindfulness outdoors at Country Parks.
- Flower T Pot Thursdays 10:00am – 1:00pm at Nether Heyford Baptist Rooms. Contact Veneeta or Clare on 07729 105584 or 07716 410344, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Seasons Art Class, Bugbrooke Community Centre
Courses are designed to be fun for absolute beginners to improvers. For more information call Jemma on 01604 375833, email email@example.com or visit facebook.com/seasonsartclassnorthampton
Monday 6 September: The People’s Show Choir
A new choir for people who love musical theatre songs will be starting on Mondays, 7:30pm — 9:00pm in Turweston village hall. Contact Rey Lear for further information about joining: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07901 584630.
Saturday 11 September: NMPAT Open Morning
Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust is excited to be re-launching Saturday Centres in September with a fully-funded first term! Open morning provides an opportunity to visit a centre, 10:00 – 11:00am. For more information please see the attached document or visit NMPAT
Sunday 26 September: Dappled Sounds concert at Sulgrave Manor
A second concert by the wind ensemble in the gardens (indoors if wet) at Sulgrave Manor, 6:00pm. Book online.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @westnorthants