Once a thriving coaching route along the ancient Roman road of Watling Street, today Towcester is a flourishing and vibrant market town with many independent shops, tearooms, pubs and restaurants.
Travelling to Towcester
Towcester is situated at the junction of the A5 and the A43, close to Towcester Racecourse, Silverstone and Stoke Bruerne. The town is ten minutes from junction 15a of the M1, approximately 25 minutes from junction 10 of the M40 and 20 minutes from Milton Keynes and Northampton,
The town has a wealth of independent shops which include:
- J & A Accessories and Jewellery
- Hartwell's & Towbury Court Fine Foods (Formerly Elliotts Butchers)
- Humbugs of Towcester
- Flair Design Wear
- Sponne Shopping Centre
Towcester Museum and Visitor Centre
The Visitor Centre has two floors of exhibition space as well as a shop. Towcester Museum has some interesting and exciting exhibits for all ages taking you through the many eras of Towcester.
Towcester hosts the following markets:
- Towcester Antique and Flea Market
- Towcester Farmers Market - 2nd Friday of each month at Richmond Road car park
- Towcester Country Market - Thursday 8:30am till 11:30am at The Sawpits Centre