Our Tenancy Strategy provides guidance on the key areas that all registered providers (also known as housing associations) operating within our district should have regard to when setting their own Tenancy Policies.
In line with the provisions of the Localism Act 2011 and in response to the introduction of affordable rent and fixed term tenancies, our strategy provides guidance to registered providers on:
- provision of affordable rent
- the kind of tenancies they should grant
- the circumstances in which they will grant a tenancy of a particular kind
- where they grant tenancies for a certain term, the length of the terms
- the circumstances in which they will grant a further tenancy on the coming to an end of an existing tenancy