We do not have any council-owned housing in this district but we do manage the housing register (waiting list) for a number of registered providers (housing associations). If you qualify for the housing register, we will nominate you to a registered provider, when they have a suitable property to let.
How do I apply?
- You need to call us on 01327 322163 (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:15pm) to find out if you qualify to join the housing register. If we think you qualify, we will send you an application form.
- Return your completed form to us with supporting documents, such as proof of identity, and we will assess your application.
- We will write and inform you of our decision. If you are not happy with the decision, you have the right to request a review.
To qualify to join the housing register you need to have a local connection and a housing need.
- You may have a local connection if you have lived in the area for 6 out of the last 12 months, or have previously lived here for 3 out of the last 5 years.
- We generally consider that you have a housing need if you have been asked to leave your home or your current home is not safe or suitable for you.
For more information see our Housing Application Guide.
Tell us about a change
If you’re already on the housing register and your circumstances have changed please call us on 01327 322163.
Want to move to South Northamptonshire?
If you are a council or housing association tenant in another part of the country and want to move to South Northamptonshire, find out more at Homeswapper.