We do not have any council-owned housing in this district but we manage the housing register (waiting list) for a number of registered providers (housing associations). If you qualify for the housing register, we will nominate you to a registered provider, when they have a suitable property to let.
How do I apply?
- You need to call us on 01327 322163 (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:15pm) to find out if you qualify to join the housing register. If we think you qualify, we will send you an application form.
- Return your completed form to us with supporting documents, such as proof of identity, and we will assess your application.
- We will write and inform you of our decision. If you are not happy with the decision, you have the right to request a review.
To qualify to join the housing register you need to have a local connection and a housing need.
- You may have a local connection if you have lived in the area for 6 out of the last 12 months, or have previously lived here for 3 out of the last 5 years.
- We generally consider that you have a housing need if you have been asked to leave your home or your current home is not safe or suitable for you.
Tell us about a change
If you’re already on the housing register and your circumstances have changed please call us on 01327 322163.
Want to move to South Northamptonshire?
If you are a council or housing association tenant in another part of the country and want to move to South Northamptonshire, find out more at Homeswapper.