How to find private rented accommodation
You can find properties to rent by checking websites, such as:
You can also check local newspapers, shop notice boards and local social media groups
We would suggest that you register with as many local letting agencies as possible and keep in weekly contact with them. Properties which come onto websites such as Rightmove may already have a list of people waiting to go and see it so make sure you are on that waiting list.
Help finding private rented accommodation
We can help you look for a home with a private landlord if you're homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- give you advice on how to look for a property
- talk to a potential landlord on your behalf
- help you prepare for your appointment with the landlord to give you a better chance of getting a property
In some cases, we can:
- offer financial help with our deposit guarantee scheme
- help with rent in advance
If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless please register your details with our Housing Options Team. We will contact you within 24 working hours.
If you want to be considered for financial help you’ll need to be referred by a Housing Options Officer. They will check to see if you qualify for the deposit guarantee scheme.