Struggling to pay your housing costs

If you live in South Northamptonshire and are having problems with rent or mortgage payments, managing your money or other debt issues you can contact our in-house Money Advice Service.

If you need assistance with, or need to discuss housing benefit or council tax issues, please contact our Customer Services team on 0300 126 7000 or email  

If you receive housing benefit but are still struggling to pay your rent, you may be entitled to a discretionary housing payment to top up your benefit.

Public authorities have a duty to refer to us service users who may be homeless or at risk of homelessness, where they have consent from their service user to do so. We encourage all partner agencies to use the referral portal. If you work for a partner agency you can register and then refer to our Housing Options Team via Housing Jigsaw ALERT

If you have any questions please phone our Housing Options Team on 0300 126 7000 or email us at