Emergency tree works

There are exceptions relating to applications to carry out work in trees subject to a tree preservation order (TPO) or in a conservation area if there is a risk of serious hark.

If you wish to carry out emergency tree work you must notify us in writing, either by letter to:

Planning Enforcement and Trees
South Northamptonshire Council
The Forum
NN12 6AD

or by email to

Please provide a written statement from an arboriculturalist or tree surgeon stating why/how the tree is dangerous, or explaining the possible circumstances around the tree’s death.

If you intend to do this, you are strongly advised to collect evidence in the form of photographs, a tree surgeon’s report and an independent witness statement.

We may require you to prove that the tree was dead or dangerous at a later date.