All planning decisions from 1974 to present day are available digitally and can be viewed online. You can download them for free if it appears on the planning applications register:
- go to the planning register, scroll down to 'choosing applications to view/ enter search criteria’ and click ‘continue’
- enter your application number and click 'search'
- you can search on proposal, parish, etc., which will give you a wider range of results, just click on the number of the application you want to see
- decision tab – shows the decision
- documents tab – shows the decision notice
- where available, the committee report/officer report will give details on how the decision was reached
If you are having problems finding a decision notice, use the online mapping service to see the planning history of the site.
If you discover a record where the planning decision notice is not available email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01327 322237 to let us know. The decision notice will be made available where possible.
Who makes planning decisions?
Decisions on the majority of smaller planning applications are made by officers under delegated powers. Other applications are generally decided by the Planning Committee.