You may need planning permission from us to start your building or alteration work. Not all projects need planning permission. If you do need permission you will need to send an application to us and get our approval.
- Do I need planning permission
- See if you need planning permission using the 'Interactive House'
- Change of Use - Government information on changing the use of your house/premises
- Information on fees
- Calculate your fee
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- What to do before making a planning application? (Pre-Application Advice Service)
- How can I comment on planning applications?
- How can I appeal against a planning decision?
- How do I put up an advertising sign?
- Health and Safety duties for householders carrying out work on their home
You may also need Building Regulations approval for building works or alteration. Please visit the Building Regulations and Control pages for details.
To avoid the risk of an invalid application through insufficient fee payment, please check with us before submitting any application.
Alternatively you can download application forms to apply in person or by post.