When you buy a house or land your solicitor will usually go through a number of checks to make sure there are no problems that would restrict use or could result in a charge being directed at you as the owner of the property.
As part of one of those checks it is usual to have a local land charges search undertaken. This is usually organised by your solicitor on your behalf, but can also be carried out yourself as a "personal search".
Depending on what questions have been asked, the local land charges search will, among other things, identify:
- the planning history of the site and any queries arising over its use
- any planning policies which affect the site
- any developments directly affecting the site
- environmental issues affecting the site (eg flood plains and radon gas areas)
How to submit requests
- Use online search providers
- Email search forms through to email@example.com
- Post forms to South Northamptonshire Council, Land charges, The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester NN12 6AD
- Cheque payable to South Northamptonshire Council
- Pay by Debit or Credit Card over the phone
- LLC1 and CON29 2007 forms x2: The Law Society holds the copyright to form CON29, which can be obtained from most publishers eg Laser Form, Oyez, Shaw & Son in electronic or paper format
- 2 copies of an up-to-date Land Registry plan
Turnaround time will be between 5-10 working days.
|CON29R and LLC1||£130 (Including VAT on CON29R element)|
|CON29R excluding LLC1||£87.50 plus VAT (£105)|
|Additional parcel CON29||£18.80 [£16.80 (CON29 inc.vat) +£2 ( LLC1)]|
|Additional parcel fee LLC1||£2|
|LLC1 Only (search of the register)||£25|
|CON29O [(Optional enquiries) excluding Question 4&22)]||£10 each plus VAT|
|CON29O Question 22||£10.87 plus VAT|
|CON29O Question 4||£4.30 plus VAT|
|PART 3 Own worded enquiries||£30 plus VAT|
|COPY Planning consents||see planning register|
|Section 38 agreements (ref:H)||email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01604 367988|
|Section 106 agreements(DV||£20.42 unless scanned copy available in which case no charge-most agreements from 2014 are free on website under planning portal.|
Request copy documents
- Highway extent of public highway and adopted roads enquiries: email@example.com
- Section 106 copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal search is a search of the public registers by a search company or an individual - this is restricted to a search of the register only and does not include CON29 information.
If you have any questions please call us on 01327 322048 or 01327 322116.