Exceptional hardship fund
We have set up an exceptional hardship fund to help the most vulnerable people in the area pay their council tax bill.
To claim the you must already be claiming housing benefit and council tax reduction.
- our decision is based on your financial and personal circumstances. Exceptional hardship payments are made at our discretion
- you must prove that you are in exceptional financial hardship
- you don’t have a statutory right to a payment
- it is outside the main council tax reduction scheme
- it is a cash limited fund that is reviewed each year
- once the exceptional hardship payments funds are gone, we will not be able to award any further payments