Make a housing benefit claim

Supporting documents

Depending on your circumstances, you may need to provide more information to support your application for housing benefit and council tax reduction.

  • Please ask your landlord to complete the payment to landlord form if you would like Housing Benefit paid directly to your landlord.
  • If you wish us to discuss your claim with anyone other than yourself please complete the authority to discuss form.
  • You can ask your employer to complete a certificate of earnings form if you do not receive wage slips or these have been lost or misplaced.
  • Please complete a self-employed pro-forma if you are a self-employed person. Do not complete this form if you are a company director.
  • Please complete second property questionnaire if you have an interest in a property other than your normal home (including any former matrimonial property)
  • You can also download a copy of our BACS form if you would like to change the method of payment or change the bank account that your benefit is paid into.

Download relevant forms