Council tax bands and levels

Appealing your council tax band

The Listing Officer of the Valuation Office Agency (part of the Inland Revenue) has set the council tax band for your property and has told us what it is.

If you have recently moved into a property and you think the council tax banding is wrong, you have six months to appeal against your banding.

Even if you appeal you must continue to pay your council tax based on the current banding of your property. If your appeal is successful, we will send you a refund for any overpayments you have made.

If you want to appeal you should contact:

The Listing Officer
Valuation Office Agency
3rd Floor, Northgate House
Sheep Street

Telephone: 03000 501501