On 6 May 2021 elections are due to take place for all town and parish councils in South Northamptonshire, as set out below:
- Brackley Town Council – all wards including the new Brackley North ward
- Towcester Town Council – all wards
- Parish councils:
Abthorpe, Ashton*, Aston-le-Walls, Aynho, Blakesley, Blisworth, Boddington, Brafield on the Green, Bugbrooke, Castle Ashby, Chacombe, Chipping Warden and Edgcote, Cogenhoe and Whiston, Cold Higham, Cosgrove, Croughton, Culworth, Deanshanger, Denton, Evenley, Eydon, Farthinghoe, Gayton, Grange Park, Greatworth and Halse, Greens Norton, Hackleton, Harpole, Hartwell, Helmdon, King's Sutton, Kislingbury, Litchborough, Little Houghton, Maidford, Marston St Lawrence, Middleton Cheney, Milton Malsor, Moreton Pinkney, Nether Heyford, Newbottle and Charlton, Old Stratford, Overthorpe, Pattishall, Paulerspury, Potterspury, Quinton, Roade, Rothersthorpe, Shutlanger, Silverstone, Stoke Bruerne, Sulgrave, Syresham, Thorpe Mandeville, Tiffield, Wappenham, Weston and Weedon, Whittlebury, Wicken, Yardley Gobion, Yardley Hastings
*Ashton parish residents will also have the opportunity to vote in their Neighbourhood Planning Referendum taking place on the same day.
On Polling Day residents will also be able to cast votes for the new West Northamptonshire Council and to elect the Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
Work is underway to ensure that residents can cast their votes safely during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with a range of Covid-safe measures being planned.
Timetable of Proceedings
- Publication of Notice of Election - Thursday 25 March 2021
- Receipt of Nominations - 4:00pm Thursday 8 April 2021
- Withdrawal of Candidate - 4:00pm Thursday 8 April 2021
- Appointment of Election Agents - 4:00pm Thursday 8 April 2021
- Publication of Notice of Election Agents - 4:00pm Thursday 8 April 2021
- Publication of Statement of Persons Nominated - 4:00pm Friday 9 April 2021
- Last date for registering to vote - Monday 19 April 2021
- Receipt of postal vote applications - 5:00pm Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Publication of Notice of Poll - Tuesday 27 April 2021
- Receipt of Proxy Vote applications - 5:00pm Tuesday 27 April 2021
- Appointment of Poll and Count Agents - Wednesday 28 April 2021
- First day to issue replacement lost postal ballot papers - Thursday 29 April 2021
- Last day to issue replacement, spoilt or lost postal ballot papers - 5:00pm Thursday, 6 May 2021
- Receipt of Emergency Proxy Vote Applications - 5:00pm Thursday, 6 May 2021
- Day of Poll - 7:00am to 10:00pm, Thursday, 6 May 2021
Polling arrangements are being organised by West Northamptonshire Council however correspondence until 1 April may come from elections officers at South Northamptonshire Council until this time.
Due to the resignation of Grange Park Ward councillor Adil Sadygov we have a vacancy.
Previous Election Results
To view results of previous elections, please visit our election results page.