Your food caddy
- You get two caddies. A small indoor caddy to store your food waste and a larger one to keep outdoors. You will need to put the larger one out for collection every week.
- Both caddies are washable by hand or in a dishwasher.
- The outdoor caddy is lockable and always keep away from pets and children.
- We recommend that you use compostable corn starch liners for your indoor caddy. This is the easiest way to keep your caddy clean and to empty it. The council does not supply these but they can be purchased at all supermarkets, discount stores and online retailers such as Amazon.co.uk or Caddylinersdirect.co.uk
- If you prefer you can use newspaper or kitchen roll to line your caddy.
- What to put in your caddy
What to put in your food caddy
- Out of date or mouldy food
- Tea bags
What not to put in your food caddy
- Plastic bags
- Liquids like milk or oil, glass
What happens to food caddy waste
Your food waste from your caddy is taken to an anaerobic digester in Oxfordshire. The anaerobic digester breaks down the food waste to produce a biogas which is used to generate electricity that is fed back into the national grid and a bio-fertiliser which can be used by local farmers to improve the quality of their soil.