A hackney carriage vehicle licence is required for a vehicle which can
- ply for hire
- stand on a rank
- be hailed in the street or
- be pre-booked.
All hackney carriage vehicles must be driven by a person who holds a HCV/PHV drivers badge. We can only issue hackney carriage vehicle licences for vehicles that operate within the district. All vehicles will be subject to inspection.
£292.00 for new grant
£270.00 for a renewal.
- Apply / renew / transfer / vary
- Supporting documents
- Additional information
The following documents must be submitted with your application:-
- completed application form
- insurance certificate
- V5C vehicle registration document (log book)
- MOT certificate dated within 28 days of an inspection appointment
- application fee.
- Change of details
- Report a collision or damage
You will be required to have an account to report your collision to ensable you to save and come back to your form at a later time. If you have submitted a vehicle application since Septermber 2021 you will already have an account.