Anyone responsible for authorising the sale of alcohol needs a personal licence.
A personal licence issued in England or Wales can be used anywhere in in both countries. It has no expiry date but does have some conditions.
To apply for a personal licence you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Possess a relevant licensing qualification
- Have not forfeited a personal licence in the previous five years
- Have not been convicted of any relevant offence (although a licence may be granted if the police don't object)
- Submit a basic disclosure which must be less than 28 days old
- Submit a countersigned passport photograph
You must apply to the local council (us) in the area in which you live and can only hold one personal licence at a time.
- Apply / renew