Highways - Report a problem

Northamptonshire County Council or Police Online Services

Abandoned Vehicles

Report it to ELVIS - ELVIS is the End of Life Vehicle Impound Scheme run by Northamptonshire County Council. We all hate seeing abandoned rusting, old and dangerous cars cluttering up the place. It is against the law just to dump a car or van, but ELVIS can help you get rid of your vehicle as long as you have got the official log book and keys.

Email - elvis.recovery@northants.police.uk
Website - Northamptonshire County Council Abandoned vehicles

Pot Holes

You can report pot holes and any other problems with a local road, street or pavement by contacting the County Council's street doctor:

Online - Street Doctor
Website - Northamptonshire County Council Pot Holes

Street Lights

Northamptonshire County Council - County Council's interactive map of planned roadworks

Highways Agency - Live feed of Traffic Incidents in the area

Grass Cutting

Public areas of grass such as verges are cut by Northamptonshire County Council, you can report it by contacting the County Council's street doctor:

Online - Street Doctor

Larger areas of grass like play areas are normally cut by the local Town or Parish Council.

South Northants Homes are responsible for cutting grass in communal areas in Council housing estates.

South Northamptonshire Council Online Services
Please note these services are managed by us, your district council.


We remove graffiti from our own buildings let us know if you see some.

Online - Report Graffiti Form

Unfortunately if someone writes graffiti on your own home or building you are responsible for cleaning it off. Graffiti is vandalism - make sure you report it to the police on 101.

Public Toilets

We look after public toilets at Market Place, Brackley. They are cleaned twice a day, have good access for disabled people and include baby changing facilities.

Winter Opening times (November to February)

  • Monday to Saturday 07:00 to 18:00
  • Sunday 08:00 to 17:00

Summer Opening times (March to October)

  • Monday to Saturday 07:00 to 20:00
  • Sunday 08:00 to 20:00
Dead Animals

South Northamptonshire Council is responsible for the removal of dead animals from the public highway. To report a dead animal that needs to be removed please contact waste services.

Online - Report dead animal form
Phone - 01327 322344
Email - waste@southnorthants.gov.uk

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback