Northamptonshire County Council is the lead local authority with overall responsibility for flood risk management in the county. All enquiries relating to flooding and flood risk should be reported to them. For more information see their flood toolkit website.

Emergency services

If you believe anyone is at risk take immediate action and contact the emergency services (police/fire/ambulance) on 999.

Northamptonshire Police can be contacted for non-emergencies on 101.

Be prepared

Sandbags - We do not provide sandbags. Your Parish Council may be able to provide sandbags as some do hold stocks for local residents. Distribution of sandbags is the responsibility of Northamptonshire County Council.

For sandbags to provide their full benefit, it is vital they are used correctly. See the following for more information

Households should retain sandbags for future use whilst there is still some element of risk.

Contacts for help and support

National - The Environment Agency operates a national Floodline and can be contacted on 0345 988 1188.

Surface water flooding / road drainage - This is the responsibility of Northamptonshire Highways Department: 0300 126 1000.

Main sewers and pipework shared by more than one property - This is the responsibility of the Water Authority.
Anglian Water: 03457 145 145.
Thames Water: 0800 714 614.

Single private pipework blockage/flooding - This is the responsibility of the householder and it is their responsibility to have it unblocked. (This is the pipework which leaves a single property and meets either a shared pipe with other properties, or the main sewer.)

Septic tanks and private pumping stations - In certain instances we would investigate problems with these and the public should check with us first, we will be able to then advise them appropriately: 01327 322293.

Useful information

Further information

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback