Health and Safety at Work

The Health Protection Team provides residents and businesses with advice about health and safety.

Our duties include inspecting workplaces for compliance with health and safety requirements; investigating complaints and workplace accidents to ensure the health and safety of all employees, volunteers, contractors and the public; and providing advice on all matters related to health and safety.

In general, we are responsible for health and safety in the following types of premises: offices, retail premises (including: pubs and restaurants), warehousing, leisure, hotels/guest houses and residential care homes.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are responsible for the following types of premises: construction sites, factories, schools, premises owned/run by South Northamptonshire Council, medical practices, nursing homes and domestic accommodation.

The Employment Medical Advisory Service (EMAS) can give advice on health at work. Their contact details can be found on the HSE website.

The following links will direct you to useful topics which are relevant to most business. For other guidance and advice not listed you may find the HSE Website useful:

View our

If you have received a letter from us about an accident or injury you have had please fill in the questionnaire below, please note you will need the reference number on the letter:

Please contact the Health Protection team on 01327 322281 or email if you need further information on any of these topics.

Contact details

Commercial and Business Support Team
Email this service
01327 322323

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback