Animal health and welfare

The Gov.UK website has a wealth of information relating to Animal welfare.

More animal related issues can be found below:

Animal complaints

Complaints of animal cruelty and any concerns or investigations into an animals welfare need to be reported to the RSPCA.

We do not deal with dangerous dogs including banned breeds, livestock worrying or dogs dangerously out of control. These complaints are dealt with by the Police and for non emergencies and enquiries they can be contacted on 03000 111 222 - or for emergencies contact 999.

Attacks by dogs on other dogs are covered by the Dogs Act 1871. This civil legislation can be used by members of the public to take private action where their dog is attacked by another. Further information on dangerous dog legislation can be found on the Your dog and the law page.

Farm animal health and welfare laws are enforced by Northamptonshire County Council Trading Standards.

Contact details

Environmental Protection Team
Email this service
01327 322323

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback