Housing register

Although we do not own any affordable housing, we are still responsible for the housing register, also known as the housing waiting list. We nominate people from the housing register to housing association properties when they become vacant.

Anyone over the age of 16 years can apply to join the housing register. However you may not be eligible to be included if:

An eligible person must also qualify to be included on the housing register by meeting our qualification criteria which include:

Applying to join the housing register

If you would like to apply to join our housing register, you will be required to complete a housing register application form. If necessary a housing allocations officer will help you to complete an application.

Please contact us on 01327 322163 or complete the housing register enquiry form and we will contact you. We will ask you a few questions about your housing circumstances and why you need to move. We will then send you the necessary forms and let you know what supporting information you will need to provide.

If you have a medical condition or care and support needs, which are made worse by your current accommodation, you will also need to complete our medical assessment form. Further information on accommodation for those with care and support needs can be found on our supported housing page.

We publish information to help customers understand the type of accommodation in the district and approximate waiting times. For more details see the housing register statistics page.

Change of circumstances

If you are not sure whether to report a change, you should do so anyway, in person by making an appointment, by telephone, in writing or by downloading and completing the following form:

Forms can be returned to us in person or by post.

You must tell us about all changes of circumstances which might alter your application. Changes include:

Accommodation details:

Household details:

If you are a council or housing association tenant in another part of the country and you wish to move to south Northamptonshire our home swap page will tell you how.

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback