Private Hire/Hackney Carriage Driver Licences

A licence is required before any person can drive a licensed hackney carriage (taxi) or private hire vehicle (minicab).

Before a licence is granted the applicant must satisfy the Council that the applicant:

Apply to become a licensed driver or renew an existing driver's licence

These are the forms you will need to refer to in order to become a licensed driver:

You must have an enhanced DBS check done with the Disclosure and Barring Service each time you renew your licence unless you register with the Update Service.

For information on convictions (cautions & warnings included) please see our Taxi Policy Appendixes on the main taxi page on the website.

Contact details

Licensing Team
Email this service
01327 322278

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback