Grants for maintaining and adapting your home

Maintaining your home

If you are over 60, claiming benefits or are applying on behalf of a charity, you could be eligible for a grant of up to £2000 to help you carry out essential maintenance to your home.

Adapting your home

If you or someone in your household is disabled, you may be eligible for a grant of up to £30,000 to help adapt your home to make life easier. The grants are given under the Disabled Facilities Grant scheme and are means tested. If you would like further information on the grants, please telephone 01327 322290. In some circumstances, medical needs can override qualifying financial criteria.

You will also need to be assessed by an Occupational Therapist which we will arrange after we have carried out an initial financial assessment.

The Occupational Therapist will assess your housing needs and may refer you for equipment and/or adaptations to enable you to stay in your current property or may also advise the Council's Housing Options team on the type of property that would best meet your future health needs. Medical need must be assessed in order to qualify to join the housing register.

For further information see:

For more information about assisted maintenance grants or disabled facilities grants you can contact us by email

Contact details

Private Sector Housing
Email this service
01327 322299

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback