Licensed premises and leisure noise

The sources of noise giving rise to complaints from local residents vary considerably, but can include music, singing, public address systems, large screen televisions or video displays, plant and machinery, deliveries, car parks, and pub gardens. The majority of complaints however, come as a result of music being audible in nearby or adjoining noise sensitive premises.

We can take action as with neighbour noise, or through the licensing system by, for example, calling their premises licence in for review. This could result in their hours of opening being reduced, entertainment being removed from the licence, or conditions being imposed to control the breakout of music.


How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback