Repatriation of a dead body

If you want to repatriate a body from abroad back to England or Wales you will need a death certificate which has been issued by the foreign registration authority. You will need to take this certificate to the registrar for the district where you want to bury or cremate the body. The registrar will issue you with a 'certificate of no liability to register'. This document will need to go to the funeral director before the funeral can go ahead.

If you want to repatriate a body from this country to abroad, you may need a certificate to confirm that there is no epidemic of an infectious disease in the area. These formalities are usually handled by the undertaker, along with any other requirements from the foreign authorities. Further information can be found at UK Funerals Online.

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback