Help with home maintenance

Home Owners

If you own your own home you are responsible for maintaining it. Getting repairs done can be a frightening thought if you don't fully understand what needs to be done or who to get to do the work. Paying for it can also be an issue.

Care and Repair

If you are struggling to keep up with minor repairs or adaptations, Daventry and South Northamptonshire Care and Repair may be able to help.

Care and repair is a service funded by us, Daventry District Council, Northamptonshire County Council, Northamptonshire Primary care Trust and the government. The care and repair service offers advice and help to older or disabled people who need help to adapt or maintain their home.

Care and repair can visit you at home to give you professional advice about what work you need, what grants are available, and finding reliable tradesmen. They can even arrange for the work to be done, or put together drawings or specifications for you.

Care and repair also offers a handyperson service if you are over 60 or disabled, to help with smaller jobs. The handyperson service costs £15 an hour (minimum charge £15) plus the cost of any materials. Contact care and repair for more information at:

Daventry and South Northamptonshire Care and Repair
Lodge Road
Northants NN11 4FP

Telephone: 01327 302322

Rented Homes

If you rent your home, your landlord has a responsibility to make sure it is up to standard, and in good repair. If it isn't, we have legal powers to make sure repairs and improvements are carried out.

For more information visit Information for landlords and private tenants page.


Grants are available to help you maintain your home through the Assisted Maintenance Grant scheme.

Contact details

Private Sector Housing
Email this service
01327 322299

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback