Change of Circumstances
You must tell us about ALL changes of circumstances which might alter the amount of Housing / Council Tax Benefit you get. These include the following but there may be others:
- changes in income (including other benefits)
- changes in capital
- changes in the number of people who live with you.
- change in your address
- change in the tenancy agreement (e.g. rent amount)
If you are not sure whether to report a change, you should do so anyway.
- If you tell us within a calendar month of the change occurring or if the change of circumstances reduces your benefit entitlement, your claim will be reassessed from the date the change actually occurred.
- If the change of circumstances increases your benefit entitlement, and you notify us more than 4 weeks after it occurred, your claim will be reassessed from the Monday following the date you notify us of that change.
- If you delay in telling us of any changes you may lose out on some benefit or you could be overpaid and you will be asked to repay the amount.