Council Tax reduction and housing benefit

All applications for Council Tax reduction (help with your Council Tax) and housing benefit (help with your rent) must be made on the relevant application form. You will also need to give us various documents so that we can process your claim.

There are three ways to complete your application:

Do not delay in submitting your claim for housing benefit and/or Council Tax reduction. Any delay may result in a loss in benefit or reduction.

If you need any help completing the application forms please contact us by telephone 01327 322140 or by email

Discretionary housing payment form

The Discretionary housing payment (DHP) scheme is to help those people on housing benefit who may need further help with their housing costs. The amount awarded is at the our discretion and each case will be considered on its own merits. More information about discretionary housing payments.

Contact details

Email this service
01327 322140

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback