Who should I contact?

Before contacting us, please check below to make sure that you are contacting the right authority as we receive many complaints and comments that should be sent to other authorities or organisations.

South Northamptonshire Council

Areas responsible for

To contact us please fill in the online form at the link below:

This page also explains the complaints process South Northamptonshire Council follows when investigating complaints.

Customer Services
Tel: 01327 322322

  • Complain about a Councillor

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of South Northamptonshire Council or a member of a parish or town council in the district, these are dealt with differently to other complaints. The following document  sets out the arrangements for dealing with complaints of councillor misconduct.

If you wish to make a complaint about a councillor, please write or email to:

The Monitoring Officer
South Northamptonshire Council
The Forum
Moat Lane
NN12 6AD

Email: kevin.lane@cherwellandsouthnorthants.gov.uk

Please note that the Monitoring Officer can only consider complaints about the behaviour of a member. It will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the members' code of conduct, such as complaints about council services. If you make a complaint to the Monitoring Officer it must be about why you think a member has not followed the code of conduct.

*To complain about Elections please contact the elections team directly, contact details are on the Elections pages.

  • Brackley Public Toilets: Market Place/High Street
  • Building Regulations
  • Conduct of District, Town and Parish Councillors
  • Council Information and Communications
  • Council Meetings, Minutes and Agendas
  • Council Tax
  • Development Management
  • Economic Growth
  • Elections*
  • Environmental Health
  • Housing
  • Local Planning
  • Pest Control
  • Playing Fields around Brackley Leisure Centre
  • Recycling Centre: Farthinghoe
  • Refuse Collection
  • Street Cleaning and Litter Bins
  • Street Name Signs

Northamptonshire County Council

Areas responsible for

To contact the County Council please fill in the form at the link below:

This page shows the variety of ways that you can get in touch with Northamptonshire County Council and outlines the process for complaints.


  • Car Parks/Car Parking
  • Coroners
  • Education
  • Fire and Rescue
  • Footpaths and Bridleways
  • Libraries
  • Parking Enforcement
  • Public Transport
  • Recycling Centre: Towcester
  • Registration (births/deaths)
  • Roads and Highways (Contact Highways England for A43 and M1, M40)
  • Social Services
  • Strategic Planning
  • Street Lighting
  • Trading Standards

Brackley Town Council

Areas responsible for

To contact Brackley Town Council and see:

Tel: 01280 702411

  • Cemeteries
  • Council Meetings, Minutes and Agendas
  • Children's Play Areas
  • Dog Waste Bins
  • Grass Cutting
  • Litter in Parks/Open Space
  • Market
  • Public Clock
  • Riverside Walk
  • Town Hall (Hire/Bookings)

Towcester Town Council

Areas responsible for

To contact Towcester Town Council see:

Tel: 01327 350995

  • Financial and Budgetary Control
  • Street Lighting and Highway Matters
  • Towcester Town Crier
  • Management of Town Hall Offices
  • Hiring of Main Hall and Meeting Room
  • Upkeep and Maintenance of Town Hall
  • Recreation Ground and Open Spaces - Belle Baulk, part of the Shires, Northampton Road and Riverside Walk
  • Supply of Seats and Litter Bins
  • Litter Control on Open Areas owned by the Town Council
  • Dog Bins
  • Trustees of Towcester Community Centre
  • East Midlands in Bloom
  • Control and Upkeep of Cemetery, Brackley Road, Towcester
  • Cemetery Lodge
  • Allotments

South Northants Homes

Areas responsible for

For comments regarding social housing in South Northamptonshire contact South Northants Homes.

To complete an online form or call see:


  • Social housing in South Northamptonshire
  • Garage rental

Parish Councils

Areas responsible for

Contact your local Parish Council for guidance on how you can put your views across in the best way and whether or not they can assist you in resolving issues in your community.


If you are still unsure which of the councils in Northamptonshire to send your complaint or comments to then contact the Northamptonshire County Association of Local Councils:

Telephone: 01327 831482
Email: info@northantscalc.com