Food Hygiene Courses
Undertaking an accredited food hygiene course is a recommended way of ensuring that food handlers can demonstrate an appropriate knowledge of food hygiene.
We are a registered training centre with the CIEH and are accredited to offer their Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
Date of next course - Tuesday 11th June 2013 2:00 - 5:30 approximately and Tuesday 18th June 2013 2:00 - 5:30 approximately. Please note: Both sessions must be attended.
Book course - Online booking form
Please note - Once you have completed the form, please forward a cheque for £68 (Please make cheques payable to South Northamptonshire Council with your details on the back). We regret we are no longer able to accept cash. Debit/credit cards accepted and can be paid by telephone using paye.net. Please note there is a charge of 1.8% for processing credit cards).
Health Protection Team,
South Northamptonshire Council,
Other Registered Trainers
This qualification will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served.
The course comprises of six hours of teaching completed over two afternoons.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- The terminology used in food safety
- The laws that apply to food businesses and food handlers
- The concepts of food hazards and how the risk of food poisoning can be contained
- How to take product and equipment temperatures
- How a reduction in storage temperature will minimise bacterial multiplication
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food
- That food handlers can pose a risk to food safety
- The importance of utilising appropriate storage conditions for different types of food
- The importance of cleaning in food premises
- The need for high standards for structure and equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises
On completion of the training delegates will complete a multiple-choice test, externally marked by the awarding body. Alternative arrangements for testing can be discussed with the course tutor should an individual delegate have problems with this type of assessment. Exam papers are available in other languages – please contact us prior to the course to discuss any specific learning requirements.
Candidates must bring provide proof of identity to the course. This ID must include a photograph (such as a passport, driving licence, work ID card).
Please contact the Health Protection Team on 01327 322281 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information or wish to discuss any aspect of the course.