To ensure that a Blue Badge holder is not given a Penalty Charge Notice, they must display their Blue Badge at all times. Please ensure that the side showing the valid date of the Badge is visible from the outside of your vehicle.
For further information regarding disabled parking please contact Northamptonshire County Council, who are responsible for parking enforcement :
Apply for a Blue Badge
Blue Badge holder parking
Disabled persons with a valid Blue Badge can park in pay and display parking bays free of charge and on yellow lines for a maximum of 3 hours providing that they do not cause obstruction. If an obstruction is caused this will be dealt with by a Police Officer or Police Traffic Warden.
Blue Badge holders must not park:
- When a loading or unloading ban is in force (indicated by one or two yellow kerb markings)
- Where there is a double white line in the centre of the road, even if one of the lines is broken
- In a bus, tram or cycle lane
- On a zebra, pelican or toucan crossing
- On the zigzag markings before a crossing
- In parking places reserved for specific users, for example. taxis, motorcycles etc
- Where temporary restrictions on parking are in force, for example by no stopping/waiting cones
- On School "Keep Clear" markings during times stated on nearby signage
- When causing an obstruction at a school entrance, bus stop, on a bend or corner, near the brow of the hill, close to a junction, where the road narrows (for example by a traffic island or near roadworks), where a vehicle entrance is blocked
- By a dropped kerb or ramp onto a walkway, where emergency vehicles need access (for example hospitals and health centres) and on a pavement or walkway (unless signs permit)
Please be advised that if your vehicle causes an obstruction or is a danger to other road users, the Police could remove your vehicle, you could be prosecuted and your Blue Badge withdrawn.