Service Personnel

If you are a member of the British Armed Services, you can now choose whether to register as a service voter or as a civilian (ordinary elector).

Registering as a service voter

Your registration as a service voter will be valid for 5 years from the time your entry onto the register takes effect and must be renewed every 5 years. If you don't renew your registration, it will expire at the end of the 5 years. We will write to you well in advance of the expiry date, but if you don't tell us about changes in your circumstances it may delay our letter to you.

Registering as a civilian voter

If you choose to register as a civilian, the normal rules of rolling registration and the annual canvass will apply to you.

If you have moved to South Northamptonshire from another council's area, when you register with us we will inform your previous council and you will be deleted from their electoral register.

Send completed forms to:

Corporate Services,
South Northamptonshire Council,
The Forum,
Moat Lane
NN12 6AD

You can apply to vote by post or appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf.

If you wish to vote by post, we can send ballot papers abroad. However, you need to consider whether there would be time for you to receive and return your ballot paper by polling day.

Contact details

Electoral Services
Email this service
01327 322128

Related pages

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback