Statement of Accounts
I am pleased to introduce the Council’s Statement of Accounts for 2011-12. These statements summarise the financial performance of the Council during 2011-12 showing expenditure on all services during the year and the financial position at 31st March 2012 and incorporates all the statements and disclosure notes required by statute.
The Council incurs revenue and capital expenditure during the course of any financial year in the delivery of services. All expenditure must be charged against a revenue account of the Authority unless it can be classified as capital-type expenditure. Generally speaking, revenue expenditure relates to items consumed within the year whereas capital expenditure creates an asset which has a useful life beyond one year. Revenue expenditure is largely financed from government grants, non-domestic rates, council taxes, fees and charges and interest income. Capital spending is financed mainly from capital receipts, government grants, revenue contributions and (although not presently in the case of South Northamptonshire Council) long-term borrowing.
The Council's accounts for the financial year 2011-12 are set out in full in the document below. The prior year’s accounts are also linked below for comparison.
Head of Finance and Procurement
- Statement of Accounts 2010-11
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2010-11
- Statement of Accounts 2009-10
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2009-10
- Statement of Accounts 2008-09
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2008-09
- Statement of Accounts 2007-08
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2007-08
- Statement of Accounts 2006-07
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2006-07
- Statement of Accounts 2005-06
- Summary Statement of Accounts 2005-06