Housing and Council Tax reduction checklist

Identity (ID)  two proofs of ID for both you and your partner

This could be your driving licence, passport, medical card, national insurance card, home office letter, birth certificate.

Residency evidence of where you live

This could be your utility bills showing your address, benefit letters, your signed tenancy agreement or the Council Tax bill.

Household details of everyone who lives with you

If you have non dependant adults you have to show us their income too. If your dependant children receive benefits, such as disability payments you will need to provide evidence of them. You will also need proof of their identity.

Wages proof of your wages

This is your payslips - 5 weekly, 3 fortnightly or two monthly pay slips; they must be the most recent and consecutive. If you do not have wage slips available you can ask your employer to complete a certificate of earnings.

If you are self-employed we need to confirm your income and expenditure for the business. If it is a new business you will need to complete a

Benefits all state benefits and tax credits

Please bring us the letters you have that show your benefit entitlement that is being paid. This will include child benefit, working tax credits, state pension, employment support allowance, jobseeker's allowance, disability allowances and pension credits.

Private pensions

We need to see your pension payment slip, a letter from your pension provider or evidence of it being paid into an account.

Savings and capital

We need to see your pass book or the last two full months bank statements, they can't be mini statements. You have to provide this for every account you hold, even if you are overdrawn. Also share certificates or savings certificates as well.

Any other income

Help us to help you by declaring all income and making sure you have original documents that show your income together with any tax or national insurance you are paying.

Proof of your rent liability

Your signed original tenancy agreement (signed by all parties), a rent book or a letter from your landlord.

Do it Online

Contact details

Email this service
01327 322140

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback