How can I appeal against a planning decision?

If you think the Council has made an unreasonable decision about your planning application, you can appeal to the Secretary of State (top central government minister).

Appeals must be made within six months of the date of the notice of decision, or within 12 weeks if the appeal is against a refusal of a householder application.

The Planning Inspectorate website has excellent guides that can be downloaded using the following links:

For enforcement appeals:

You can also appeal on-line at the Planning Portal web site.

Contact details

Planning Technical Support
Email this service
01327 322237

How do you rate this page?

Website Feedback