Local Land Searches and Charges
Local Land Charges Searches, which let homebuyers know about any restrictions that could affect their new property, is a vital part of the homebuying process. Local Authority Searches contain information that potential home buyers need to know before deciding whether to complete their purchase.
On-line search requests:
NLIS: We are are Level 2 NLIS, which means we receive search requests electronically (their fees apply). These are then returned by DX or first class post. To find out more about this service contact the NLIS channel: SearchFlow
TM Search: You can send the request via TM Search channel (their fees apply). We will then return the replies via DX or first class post.
- LLC1 and CON29 2007 forms x2: The Law Society holds the copyright to form CON29, which can be obtained from most publishers e.g. Laser Form, Oyez, Shaw & Son in electronic or paper format
- You can email the search forms through and ring in to make a payment over the phone with a Debit or Credit Card (surcharge applies)
- 2 copies of an up-to-date Land Registry plan
- Personal search requests - Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that an up-to-date plan is attached if using the email option. We will contact you with an appointment time and date to view records.
- A solicitors cheque made payable to SNC
- A personal cheque
- Over the phone - please ring in to make the payment. You will need to have your Debit or Credit card details to hand (A Credit card surcharge of 1.8% applies)
Turnaround times: 5-10 working days
- VAT Changes - VAT will be implemented as of the 31st of March 2017 Fee list (34 kb pdf) effective 31 March 2017
Request Section 106 agreements-email email@example.com
Request Section 38 /220 Highway agreements
See Section 38 pages on Northamptonshire County Council website or Tel ( 01604) 367036 or (01604) 367988
- Personal searches Appointment system (103 kb pdf)
- Accessing Building Regulations and Planning Information (167 kb pdf)
- EIR Guidance Notes - Access to CON29 Information 2016 (278 kb pdf)
- Saved policies interactive map (West Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit)
What else do I need to think about?