Local Land Searches and Charges
Local Land Charges Searches, which let homebuyers know about any restrictions that could affect their new property, is a vital part of the homebuying process. Local Authority Searches contain information that potential home buyers need to know before deciding whether to complete their purchase.
On-line search requests:
NLIS: SNC are Level 2 NLIS, which means we receive searches requests electronically ( their fees apply). These are then returned in the DX or first class post. To find out more about this service contact the NLIS channel: SearchFlow
TM SEARCH: you can send the request via TM search channel ( their fees apply). We will then return the replies via DX or first class post TM Search
- LLC1 &CON29 2007 forms x2 : The Law Society holds the copyright to form CON29, which can be obtained from most publishers e.g Laser Form, Oyez, Shaw & Son [in electronic or paper format]
- You can email the search forms through and ring in to make a payment over the phone
- 4 copies of an up-to-date Land Registry plan
- Personal search requests should be sent in writing or can be emailed through. If emailing through please ensure that an up-to-date plan is attached. We will contact you with an appointment time and date [to view records] once we have received the request. If you need CON29R information then use the CON29R request form above and send this with a cheque for the relevant amount (see CON29R information note for the charges) to Land Charges.
- A solicitors cheque made payable to SNC
- A personal cheque
- Over the phone - please ring in to make the payment. You will need to have your Debit or Credit card details to hand (A Credit card Surcharge of 1.8% applies)
Turnaround times: 3-5 working days
Land Charges Fee Table 2013/2014
|CON29 & LLC1 [Full Search]||£63|
|Additional Parcel [More than one property &sharing a road or having a common boundary)]||£15 [ Each additional address]|
|NLIS Searches[Online searches]||£63|
|LLC1 Only [Register only searches]||£13|
|CON29R Searches [Part 1 only no LLC1]||£50|
|CON 29 Part 2 printed [Optional enquiries excluding question 4,5&22]||£10 each|
|CON29 Part 2 Question 22||£12.00|
|CON29 Part 2 Question 4 &5||£8.50 each|
|PART 3 Own worded enquiries [ Excludes Highway enquiries which should be sent direct to NCC]||£30|
|Copy Planning Consents||£20.42|
Financial Statement 2010/2011
What else do I need to think about?
For details of the areas covered by the local water authority download our Water Authority Areas table.
You can contact the local highways body:
Northamptonshire County Council
Telephone: 0300 126 1000
Website: Northamptonshire County Council